How to Set up a Residential Proxy in the Chrome Browser
A step by step guide on how to set up a proxy in the Chrome browser
Use residential proxies to hide your IP and access geo-restricted content today! Contact us at [email protected]
Chrome proxy settings:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 'Settings' on the top right corner
- Navigate to 'Settings'
- Scroll down and click 'Advanced'
- Select Open 'Proxy Settings'
- Edit your proxy settings. Depending on your operating system, this step will vary:a.Windows – Click 'LAN settings', then edit the URL in the 'Address' section (e.g. gate.smartproxy.io) and/or change the port used to connect in the Port section (ex: 7000)b.Mac – Select the proxy you want to edit on the left side of the page (HTTP/S), then change the URL in the 'Address' field (e.g. us.smartproxy.io:10101), the username and/or password in the 'Username' and 'Password' fields, and the bypassed sites in the 'Bypass' field
- Click OK
- Select 'Apply'
- Check the IP using Chrome browser – https://www.iplocation.net/