How to Set up a Residential Proxy in the Chrome Browser
Are you ready to set up proxies easily?
Chrome proxy settings for Windows and Mac OS X:
Open Google Chrome
Go to Chrome Settings > Advanced > Open Proxy Settings. (or simply copy this link: chrome://settings/?search=open+proxy+settings)
Edit your proxy settings. Depending on your operating system, the following step will vary:
Check the IP using Chrome browser – https://www.iplocation.net/
- Click on LAN settings;
- Edit the URL in the Address section (e.g. us.smartproxy.com);
- And/or change the port used to connect in the Port section (ex: 10000).
b) Mac OS X
- Select the proxy you want to edit on the left side of the page (HTTP/S);
- Change the URL in the Address field (e.g. us.smartproxy.com:10000);
- Insert Smartproxy username and/or password in the Username and Password fields;
Protect yourself on Chrome with proxies
Want to protect your personal data on Chrome and hide your IP address? NEVER use free proxies, unless you want your data stolen. Start using our highly anonymous proxy network and get a new anonymous IP address with every connection request to protect your online identity and avoid giving away your location.
Select proxies in any location to access content and websites anywhere without restrictions.