What is an Anonymous Proxy?
An anonymous proxy is the type of proxy that does not send your identification information to your target server. It is the opposite of transparent proxies, which send your information in the connection request header. Anonymous proxies that are set up on web sites are sometimes also called anonymizers or anonymizer websites.
How does a high anonymity proxy work?
A proxy is a device that operates between your device and the rest of the internet. High anon proxies erase your information before forwarding any connection request to the target site. High anonymity proxies can in some cases return your target information without using any software or scripts, making you even more undetectable.
Are anonymous proxies safe?
Anonymous proxies provided by trusted proxy networks are completely safe. Free anonymous proxies, like those anonymizer web sites we mentioned earlier, can be set up as traps by governments or hackers to identify and steal data of anyone using them. This is why you should only use anonymous proxies from trusted vendors. The only downside to an anonymous proxy is that it might make your connection to the internet a bit slower, but that happens with all proxies or VPNs.
Free anonymous proxies, like those anonymizer web sites we mentioned earlier, can be set up as traps by governments or hackers to identify and steal data of anyone using them.
What is the best anonymous proxy server
How to pick the best anonymous proxy server:
- Look for proxy servers that encrypt your connection between the proxy server and the target. This will make your data harder to steal.
- Check how your connection request looks like by sending a ping through the anonymous proxy server.
- Do not worry if you don’t have the technical skills to do this – just search for IP identification services online, and some of them will show not only your proxy’s location, but also the rest of the information your requests contains in the header.
- See how fast the proxy is working with a simple internet speed measurement tool.
- Do this for several proxy providers, find the best one, and then buy our proxies.
Why people use anonymous proxy services
There are countless reasons not to provide you IP online, but the most important ones are:
- Avoid targeted marketing and advertising online.
- Get objective information without localization.
- Avoid censorship.
- Prevent identity theft.
- Protect search history.
Are anonymous proxy add-ons worth it?
Anonymous proxy add-ons and extensions for browsers are a security hazard. You should only use extensions like FoxyProxy, which let you set up a proxy connection yourself. If the anonymous proxy extension does not let you connect to a proxy you own and trust, avoid it at all cost. It might be that it is managed by hackers who want to get your private data.
How to get rid of anonymous proxy?
If you cannot remember how you set up an anonymous proxy and want to quit using it, you can go to our FAQ section and find proxy settings for any browser or device.