How to Buy Instagram Accounts Safely
The rise of social media has pushed the internet to evolve into a digital marketplace for social properties. With the recently-deceased (and, frankly, unsuccessful) trend of buying audience members, people started seeking out to buy Instagram accounts with real followers. In the past few years, this business has skyrocketed. So here’s everything you need to know if you’re interested in buying an Instagram account.
Buying an account that has an already established following can get you a great kick start on your marketing campaign. Let’s face it: Instagram has become way more than a photo-sharing platform. It’s warped into the best advertising board out there. From managing several accounts to influencing a niche audience － it seems that Instagram has it all.
Where can I Buy an Instagram Account?
I scrolled through several different online marketplaces and middleman companies. I wanted to get a sense of what the price range is for selling Instagram accounts. As expected, it usually depends on the follower count and engagement. For example, an established travel account with 10K followers retails for $180. Meanwhile the biggest account I could find – a banging 1.3MIL follower one – is up for sale for a decent $40K.
It seems that there are three major hotspots to buy Instagram accounts:
- Ebay: For your own safety, I wouldn’t recommend you going with the Ebay option. There are plenty of horror stories out there of people paying a nice sum of money, and never receiving the credentials for the account. Of course, there must be genuine sellers on Ebay, but, with hundreds of listings, it’s a given that there might be a scammer or two.
- Online forums: if you’ve clocked a great deal on an online forum, do your research first. Read what other people have to say about the website/seller before making a purchase. Some people seem to preach them, but just as with Ebay, there have been a few stories of people getting ripped off. The main problem with forums and Ebay is that the transactions aren’t monitored.
- Middleman companies: If I were to buy an Instagram account myself, I would go with this option. When using a middleman service, you never get in touch with the seller directly. Instead, you deal with a certain website. As the transaction for the account goes through a third party, there is less of a chance of you to getting scammed.
Middleman Companies: Which one do I Choose?
One of such companies is Viral Instas. They have multiple accounts up for sale in various niches such as travel and fitness. The follower range is usually from 4K followers to 251K (at the moment the bigger accounts seem to be out of stock).
What I liked about Viral Instas is that they provide the Instagram handle before you make the purchase. Consider this your chance to run a background check. See what the engagement is like, double check if the followers seem legit, keep an eye out for automated one word/one emoji comments. Viral Instas also provide an audience analysis themselves, so you can see a rundown of the following.
Another middleman service provider is Social Tradia. They have more categories to choose from, starting with food & nutrition and landing on meme accounts. The biggest account on there currently retails for $40K and has 1.3MIL followers.
Social Tradia doesn’t provide usernames to protect sellers’ privacy. However, they do have a verification team that checks the validity of an account. If this sounds a bit shady to you, I’ll let you know that they make up for it with a neat feature. After you buy the account, you have 24 hours to test it out. If it’s not suitable for you, you can get a full refund.
Tips for Buying Instagram Accounts
When you’re out shopping for Instagram accounts, I would recommend you to keep a few things in mind:
- Buy an account that’s already in a niche you’re interested in: you don’t want to get an account with 1MIL hardcore B&W photography fans and then switch it to a meme account. Try sticking to the same theme that the previous owner had going on not to lose the already established following.
- Always get the OG email address and password: if you don’t get the original email used on the account, the previous owner could report the account as hacked and keep both the account and the money.
- Change the email address and password associated with the account ASAP: this might be a no-brainer for most people, but it’s important to do it immediately. It’s just another safety measure so the previous owner couldn’t recover the account.
- If using PayPal for the transaction, always use the option Goods and Services: PayPal has two payment options and this is the one that allows the option of refund if you don’t receive the goods. If someone insists on using Friends and Family option, claiming that it’s way faster, think twice about trusting that seller.
Is Buying Instagram Accounts Legal?
Frequently asked questions about buying Instagram accounts
Can you buy Instagram accounts?
Yes, you can. Usually Instagram accounts are sold on online forums, middleman companies, and online marketplaces such as Ebay.
Is it legal to sell Instagram accounts?
How much do Instagram accounts sell for?
Prices vary depending on the follower count and how engaging the audience is. For example, a travel account with 10K followers can retail for $180, and a 1.1MIL follower one can go up to as much as $40K.