Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin (BTC) payments
Purchase any plan with cryptocurrency in a few steps:
If you want to purchase any of the Smartproxy plans with cryptocurrency, you should keep a few things in mind:
- Accepted cryptocurrency is Bitcoin.
- We apply an additional processing fee of 15% that covers direct costs and fluctuation risks.
- Discount codes can’t be used.
- BTC plans are non-refundable.
- You can purchase extra GBs with Bitcoins at any time.
- When you purchase Smartproxy plans with cryptocurrency, you do not create a monthly subscription (as you do when you purchase by card/PayPal) because we can’t automatically charge your wallet. It means that your subscription with your proxies will expire after one billing cycle. If you want to keep your proxies working without being interrupted, you need to upgrade/downgrade/renew your plan when your current one is still active. Note: If you upgrade your plan, the unused GBs will be transferred to the new month.
- If your BTC plan expires, you can buy another with the same payment method, i.e. BTC or change to card/PayPal. The subscription and extra products purchase process depends on the payment method selected.
- If you decide you want to change the payment method from card/PayPal to BTC or vice versa, you need to cancel the current plan and purchase again with the new payment method.
- The referral program will not be activated. If you used a referral link to purchase a plan, the bonus GBs will not be added unless you choose to pay with card/PayPal for your next purchase.
Purchase flow in more depth:
- You need to have a dashboard account. If you don’t have it yet – register here.
- Choose a plan and go to the checkout. Choose ‘Pay with Bitcoin’.
- Confirm purchase. If you proceed with the cryptocurrency payment method, you will be directed to the coinpayments payment link and you will need to make your payment there manually.
Note: the payment link will be active for up to 8 hours (in most cases Bitcoin transactions take less time: from 10 minutes to 1 hour). You can find the time in the payment link ‘’Time Left For Us to Confirm Funds’’. Why does it take so long? The processing time may vary depending on the crypto network load and the amount of confirmations required for a transaction (1 confirmation takes ~10 minutes). Please contact our coinpayments support if you need any help.
- Once you go back to your dashboard, you’ll see your status set to ‘processing’ at the top. This means that your purchase is being processed and the proxies won’t be activated yet.
Note: Once your status says ‘processing’, you can’t use another payment method to purchase the same product. Don’t want to wait this long and would rather proceed with another payment method? If you changed your mind before completing a transaction (don’t want to continue with the coinpayment), you can either wait till the link expires automatically or cancel it at the top navigation bar any time. You can purchase a product using a different payment method when the link isn’t active.
- Once your payment is confirmed, you will see your status set to ‘active’ in the top navigation bar, and we will send you a confirmation email. Congrats! You can start using proxies.